First Ever Body Suit

So this idea came from an old sewing book I was looking through. It had all these vintage looks and how to create them and I was looking for something that I could make using this bright floral print fabric. Can’t remember if it was a swimming suit or a body suit that caught my eye but either way I was sold on the look of it and searched for a pattern that was similar.

I stumbled upon the perfect bodysuit pattern but the catch was it was only the plus size one and even though I REALLY liked the pattern, I didn’t feel up to all the guess work that I would need to do to measure down and cut off the pattern. It was not that crucial. Especially when I have multiple body suits to trace from.

I used an off the shoulder body suit to trace. I cut out the sleeves attached to the suit so I only cut out 2 pieces. I also wanted to recreate the body suit “E” on the simplicity pattern so I cut out one long 2 inch wide strip.

I used my serger to attach the 2 bodysuit pieces at the arms and sides. I hemmed the neckline, sleeves, and leg openings. Sewed the strip together and turn right sides out to create the tie. I attached the tie and added the aglets at the end. After that, I sew on the snaps at the crotch and added elastic to the sleeves to create ruches.

Crafty mom, sassy wife, foodie, and aspiring doula extraordinaire. I have quite a few goals and hobbies and look forward to sharing how I balance them all.


Be the first to comment by registering and using the comments form.

Leave A Reply